Forums » General Hacking Topics

Geolocating a skid

• 14 posts
    June 13, 2016 4:11 AM EDT

Hey guys,
    so i've met this dude online that gets attacked by an skid. He blocked him on some ts servers and shit because this skid is an asshole and names himself a nazi. After that this h4X0r said he wants to ddos them. The dude said, he already did it with an mate. I said i will help him. i don't want to fuck this kid up, just scare him a bit. The dude says he got is ip so my plan was he changes his ip so the ddos doesn't work. after that we want to geolocate the skid and say "we know where you live, if you don't stop that shit we gonna get a lawyer" and we want to call his mother (he is only 13) and want to tell her what her little kid is doing on the internet.

so, can some of you help us geolocate him? i'm pretty sure he didn't use a proxy or vpn because he doesn't even know how to ddos right. he definitly used an program for that and only his own pc.

i would be thankful for every help.

• 78 posts
    June 13, 2016 6:27 PM EDT
    From what I've read, you can't find the address of someone just by using their IP without the ISP and a court order or a warrant. I'm not sure if a trace route would work though.
    • 36 posts
    June 13, 2016 8:51 PM EDT
    From the IP address you can get the city he in and his provider. As for an address, you probably need his provider to give that up.
    • 14 posts
    June 14, 2016 5:40 AM EDT
    Darkvoid said:
    From the IP address you can get the city he in and his provider. As for an address, you probably need his provider to give that up.

do you think they will help us? i mean, he is just an annoying skid and if we know in wich city he lives it would scare him but it would be cool to call his mother. i mean, a bit social engineering and we could get his adress but that would be to much effort just to scare a little skid

• 36 posts
    June 14, 2016 6:08 AM EDT
    You do more harm to yourself by contacting him. If you have the IP and logs showing proof, contact his isp and let them handle it. If they see it happening, they should contact who leasing that IP and maybe drop their service. But... if you did anything to they, it could bite you in the butt. If he a kid, you look more at fault for bullying a kid :)