Forums » Network Hacking and Security

Network Hacking and Security: how can i start as noob?

• 1 posts
    August 20, 2017 7:03 PM EDT

I'm sry, that i'm blaming myself with this question, but how can i start to learn this?

I'm asking, because im confused, i dont know where i should start, which programming language should i learn first? which books do you can recommend me? Since a few months i've tried to learn about this(theoretically and practically), but i'm to uncertain on this matter, when i read about this everyone has another opinion on this and most peoples, who makes information videos or blogs about is are script kiddies and/or peoples, that never have do this without the kali tools, so im confused. Maybe it can help me, when an Admin here can steer me in a right direction, so that i can without doubt learning about this(i know it can be long to learn all about this, i have much as enough time)

Many thanks in advance for your help mysterious stranger

This post was edited by fukkinnoob at August 20, 2017 7:06 PM EDT
    • 95 posts
    September 4, 2017 11:51 PM EDT

You start right here.  keep trying, researching.  we give you a hint on the challenge selection page, so you know what you need to research or know before you attempt the challenge.   this will steer you in the right direction.   

Sorry I didnt reply sooner,  I did not even see this post.  Must have slipped thru.

Thanks!

• 2 posts
    December 28, 2017 9:27 AM EST
    fukkinnoob said:

I'm sry, that i'm blaming myself with this question, but how can i start to learn this?

I'm asking, because im confused, i dont know where i should start, which programming language should i learn first? which books do you can recommend me? Since a few months i've tried to learn about this(theoretically and practically), but i'm to uncertain on this matter, when i read about this everyone has another opinion on this and most peoples, who makes information videos or blogs about is are script kiddies and/or peoples, that never have do this without the kali tools, so im confused. Maybe it can help me, when an Admin here can steer me in a right direction, so that i can without doubt learning about this(i know it can be long to learn all about this, i have much as enough time)

Many thanks in advance for your help mysterious stranger

I started learning Python, because its a high level language and theres a lot of hacking tools writen in python.

For the hacking part, you MUST learn Linux. Kali linux is the distro to learn.

I recomend the books The Linux Comand Line to learn linux in general, The Basics of Penetratition Testing (Patrick Engebretson and David Kennedy) and Automate Boring stuff to learn Python as first book. And of course, google a lot practice stuff about hacking and coding is essential.

hope this can be useful.