Forums » General Topics

Differences in Developer View

• 3 posts
    February 12, 2017 2:10 AM EST

Hey all,

I spent a good bit of time on a particular challenge until I decided to try Firefox instead of Chrome.  Chrome would not load the source while a JavaScript promp was up (I had to hit cancel in the prompt before it would load anything), but Firefox did it no problem.  Just curious if there's a feature I'm missing in Chrome or if there's a technical reason that this doesn't work?

Thanks!

• 7 posts
    February 13, 2017 9:55 AM EST

I have not done any research into this. I think it is just one of the differences between the two browsers. I prefer to use the  Firebug addon in either of those browsers instead of using the built in developer console. The developer consolse have definitely improved over time, but something about firebug feels better to me.

Use what you're comfortable with and works best for you. If you decide to do some Googling and find anything interesting, please share! There might be an "about:config" tweak you can make to change the behavior.

• 3 posts
    February 13, 2017 10:08 AM EST

Thanks, I hadn't hear of Firebug so I'm going to check that out.  If I find anything on the Chrome issue I'll be sure to update, no luck so far yet.