Forums » News and Announcements

About EGv5 - The New Release!

• 122 posts
    May 28, 2016 7:08 PM EDT

First I would like to welcome you to EGv5.

After several restarts and data deletions we have finally released what most of you have been waiting on, for 5 years!

Special Statement

Pay close attention to the challenges.    Some things may have been overlooked such as permissions, cookie values, domain or path changes. As they were ported over to the new framework, we tried to find everything.  Its possible that we did not.   If you think something is not working correctly or you find an error that you think is NOT part of the challenge, please report it to: http://support.enigmagroup.org

New Features

Heres a list of new features and what they are for.

1. Blogs & Articles -  This is a wonderful feature and is to be used to either keep your own security blog, or to write articles for members to read.  Tutorials, Tips, Whitepapers,  whatever you feel like.   If you have the proper access to write an entry, then you are free to do almost anything you want.  There are some limitations though.   We ask that you keep it clean and professional.

2. Chat & Instant Messenger - We now have a built in chat and an on site Instant Messenger built right into the browser.   Great for live help from your friends & general conversations.  Sometimes private messages arent fast enough to interact with your community due to long waiting times between replies.

3. Networks and Groups -  Anyone can join a group or a network.  Groups can be made by any EnigmaClusive™ member.   If you have the ability to create a group, then you have full control over who can access, who can see, who can join, who can post.  You can make them invite only, or make it so anyone can join. Compete as groups.  Discuss and Learn as a group.  Its your group, You make the rules!  Networks are a little different.  They just define what kind of hacker you are.  Black, White, or Grey.  This is important because we give you the power to communicate mostly with your own kind, as in,  this site is configured to show you targeted content based on your network If you decide to select a specific network.

4. Credits and Rewards - Almost everything you do on this site counts as credits.  The more active you are, then the more credits you will aquire. These credits are used to trade in or even lower the cost for the EnigmaClusive membership, Various gift cards, and Items that we sell.  The fastest way to earn credits is by completing the challenges.  There are Daily credit limits for some actions. You can view these on the credits page.

5. Questions & Answers - The Mentor system has been replaced with this.  Now, everyone has the option to answer questions of members who seek help with the challenges. Although, direct solutions to challenges will be deleted and any credits you earned from that answer will be revoked, challenge help is primarily going to occur in the Q&A system. Other questions about technology and other subjects is allowed as well.  I have made categories for you to properly get the help you need.  

6. EnigmaAI™ - This has replaced "the professor".  No longer are you required to enter in captcha, mission type, and mission level.   We handle all of that on the back end now.  Less steps for you makes it easier.  Trying to brute force the engine may result in a ban, so use it wisely. 

7. Forums Interface - Yes, Now as you can see, the forums look alot better.  You can format your posts much more professional.

8. User Profile and Your Interface - Many features are avaliable to you.  You can customize many things including your avatar or profile picture.  Uploading is allowed, for now.  You can add friends, leave updates, pretty much everything facebook can do.  Im sure most of you are pretty familuar with these sort of features so I wont give any more details.  Explore.  Look around.  Set your permissions, your friends list, and take advantage of the new features on your landing page.

9. CEH Training - This is exactly what you think is it.   The training system is currently down for an update to the newest version of the test, and that is alot of work.  We will make a post soon to update you on the status or to its release.  This is a feature of EnigmaClusive members only.

10. Support System - We have a 3rd party support solution for tickets.  EGv4's biggest problem was, lack of proper support.   If a member couldnt access their account they would have to make a new one, just to let me know.  This fixes that and many other issues.  We also have a valid place to track bugs and track other issues. This feature is for the admins yes, but it also helps you too.  Its a big improvement. 

Note:  Our Terms of Service is linked in the footer of every page.   I recommend reading it as it contains important legal information.

Note:  Some challenges are currently down and being revised.   All of the /dev/null,  /dev/urandom, Deface the wall, and Stegano's are being changed, updated, or flat out removed.   We will make an announcement as each new one goes live.

• 2 posts
    May 28, 2016 9:41 PM EDT

Awesome, thanks!

• 20 posts
    May 28, 2016 9:47 PM EDT

Awesome man, loving the new site!!

• 1 posts
    May 29, 2016 6:20 AM EDT

Already stumbled upon some glitches, but nothing big XD

• 3 posts
    May 29, 2016 6:00 PM EDT

is there planned to implement a dark skin?

so much white... yak - my eyes are bleeding... 

• 122 posts
    May 29, 2016 6:28 PM EDT

there will never be a dark skin.   This is in the process of being an accredited online educational center, so that I may legally show copyrighted and trademarked learning matieral and classes.   Dark wont fly.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

• 20 posts
    May 29, 2016 6:46 PM EDT

Ah no way :D didn't realise that was the idea behind EGv5 that would be awesome if it happens!!!!!

• 122 posts
    May 29, 2016 6:49 PM EDT

yes.  Its a long process but we are making it so I can buy Enigma.edu and so I can offer and give out actual certified and accredited certifications, like CEH and a bunch more.    Enigma is no longer going to be like the others.  

We are trying to make things happen.  

The Next Level.

• 20 posts
    May 29, 2016 6:51 PM EDT

This is such an awesome idea, I hope it works out man!!!

• 1 posts
    May 30, 2016 3:50 PM EDT

I like the new and clean design but IMO it doesn't fit into this "hacking scene" :| Will you restore the challenges progress or do we have to start all over again?

• 122 posts
    May 30, 2016 3:51 PM EDT

start all over.  everything has changed including scoring.   

also before it was impossible to catch the upper members on the charts.  this helps give everyone a chance.

• 20 posts
    May 30, 2016 3:52 PM EDT

The progress can't be restored due to the whole credit business I don't think(Psycho may correct me), however it should be pretty easy for you to go through and complete the ones you had already done:). Plus the credits will bring you a discount to EnigmaClusive this time :D

• 10 posts
    May 31, 2016 1:07 AM EDT

Wow. What the shit? Congrats guys. 

• 10 posts
    May 31, 2016 3:47 PM EDT

[blockquote][b]psychomarine said:[/b]

yes.  Its a long process but we are making it so I can buy Enigma.edu and so I can offer and give out actual certified and accredited certifications, like CEH and a bunch more.    Enigma is no longer going to be like the others.  

We are trying to make things happen.  

The Next Level.

[/blockquote]

omg that is awesome.

This site has changed so much! Getting kinda lost... lol.

• 3 posts
    May 31, 2016 6:28 PM EDT

Sup Chris? How's life?

• 122 posts
    May 31, 2016 6:41 PM EDT

Its been Low and Lower, but, Things are starting to get back to almost normal.   Ask me again in a few months and I think it will be all good man.  you know how it is,  one thing after another.  gets old.  but like I said, its starting to move in a positive direction.

• 6 posts
    June 3, 2016 7:38 AM EDT

really love to see the new look of EG V5

Enjpying and exploring :)

• 1 posts
    June 3, 2016 11:37 AM EDT

Exciting stuff. Haven't been on this site for a while; it taught me a lot a couple of years back. Glad to see things are moving forward. Congrats.

• 1 posts
    June 5, 2016 4:53 PM EDT

Wow.. the new site looks good. Good Job!

• 122 posts
    June 5, 2016 4:54 PM EDT

thanks to everyone.  more to come!

• 1 posts
    June 9, 2016 10:14 AM EDT

Hi I lost all my progress  in challenges in v4? is there a way to restore it? or I have re-do them again? :(((

• 10 posts
    June 9, 2016 6:10 PM EDT
    Icardi9 said:

Hi I lost all my progress  in challenges in v4? is there a way to restore it? or I have re-do them again? :(((

Unfortunately you will have to redo them again, but you arent the only one, everyone was reset to 0.

• 2 posts
    June 11, 2016 1:31 PM EDT

Hello, love the new site, and already begun re-doing the missions. My question is, has the Mission help section of the forums been removed?

• 122 posts
    June 11, 2016 2:41 PM EDT

yep.  now you are required to use the Challenge Q&A, a system to replace the challenge help in the forums and the mentor system. 

Basically, this allows old or wouldbe mentors, to actually be credited for the help they provide.  Something weve not had in the past.

Thanks

• 20 posts
    June 14, 2016 5:39 PM EDT

Professor Psycho.... Hahahah
    Anyways, it's good to hear about the mentoring credits. At times it seemed like I was the only mentor on at least 50-75% of the missions.